Thyroid Treatment Madness
1. Treating hypothyroid patients solely with thyroxine T4-only medications.
2. Diagnosing and/or dosing solely by the TSH and the total T4, or using the outdated “Thyroid Panel”.
3. Prescribing anti-depressants in lieu of evaluating and treating the free T3.
4. Telling thyroid patients that dessicated natural thyroid like Armour is “unreliable”, “inconsistent”, “dangerous” or “outdated”.
5. Making labwork and “normal” ranges more important than the clinical presentation of obvious hypothyroid symptoms.
6. Telling a patient “it’s all in your head”, “you’re normal”, “you need to see a Psychiatrist”, you need to exercise more and eat less”…and a myriad of other condescending, crazy-making statements.
7. Failing to see the OBVIOUS symptoms of poorly treated thyroid, called clinical presentation, and instead, recommending a slew of other tests and diagnoses.