Writing a GUEST BLOG POST on STTM
Stop the Thyroid Madness (STTM) has a strongly followed blog! And STTM welcomes blog posts by guest thyroid-patient-writers in between those written by Thyroid Patient Activist Janie Bowthorpe.
All potential Guest Blog Posts ideas, and/or the blog article itself, must be submitted to Janie via the Contact form at the bottom of any page. She will then review the blog article and let you know if you or the content fits the focus of the website.
Rules are as follows:
- You must give your complete legitimate name as writer of the post. No anonymous posts.
- You will also need to give a one-to-two sentence bio description e.g. Janie is a thyroid patient, activist, author and consultant who, for over 20 years, suffered on T4 with extreme dysautonomic reactions and found her life and energy again on desiccated thyroid.
- You must be a thyroid and/or adrenal patient.
- Subject must pertain to that which would interest thyroid patients. Examples can include, but are not limited to: desiccated thyroid, OTC desiccated thyroid, dealing with our doctors, FDA issues, thyroid organizations, what goes on with thyroid treatment in your country, adrenal fatigue, supplements, low iron, low B12, Hashimotos, gluten issues….etc etc. Even humor is welcome.
- Absolutely no slander/libel. i.e. no written defamation of an individual or organization that could be construed as wrongful injury to their reputation. (It’s been sadly done to Janie by others in this field; she will not do it to others.) You can disagree with someone in your post, but not “defame” them.
- Keep the blog article from being too long so you don’t lose readers. Blog posts are not meant to be term papers.
- Stick strongly to facts and only lightly to presumptions. Add links if it will help your subject.
- IMPORTANT: Guest posting on STTM is not to be used to advertise your website, business or product under the guise of “writing an informational blog post”. Guest posting on STTM is not for pushing a political or social agenda. STTM is for patients helping other patients with good information. STTM does not “advertise”.
- Janie will review your article first, and if needed, edit for spelling, grammar or brevity. Janie reserves the right to reject any potential blog post. Don’t let this stop you! Just stick to all the above, have fun with it, and keep in mind that what you write is to help others. 🙂 YOU can make a difference in the lives of others. This is NOT just a Janie thing.
So, if you love to write and have a good subject for STTM’s blog that would be helpful for other patients, give it a try with the above in mind.