January is THYROID AWARENESS MONTH, and patients all over the world want YOU to be aware of something extremely important!
A healthy thyroid, or the right treatment, will create the following TEN RESULTS. If you aren’t below, time to look into what might be wrong…
1) bodily warmth i.e. the right amount of thyroid hormones will get you close to or at 98.6 F or 37 C in the afternoons, plus warm hands and feet.
2) happiness or better mood i.e. thyroid hormones increase neurotransmitter responsiveness in your brain (like serotonin), meaning it’s your natural anti-depressive…and depression is kicked to the wind.
3) the ability to concentrate i.e. just as they are anti-depressive, thyroid hormones promote better thought processing in your brain.
4) a healthy heart and blood pressure i.e. thyroid hormones play a huge role in the health of your cardiovascular system
5) softer skin and hair i.e. thyroid hormones keep you moister, so you don’t have problems with dry hands, dry hair, eyebrow low, hair thinning….etc.
6) better weight maintenance i.e your metabolism stays at a point where it’s easier to maintain your goal weight with healthy eating habits
7) the ability to avoid naps i.e. the right metabolism from the right thyroid hormones (after a good night’s sleep) keeps you awake and feeling fabulous even in the afternoons
8) healthy cholesterol i.e. thyroid hormones appear to have both an indirect and direct relationship to healthy cholesterol levels.
9) easier and more regular bowel movements i.e. because of the extra moisture that the right amount of thyroid hormones give you, bowel movements are better, and constipation and hard stools belong to someone else.
10) a stronger immune system i.e. thyroid hormones play a direct role in the strength of your body’s ability to withstand infections and disease, or at the least, fight them quicker and more stronger if you do get sick.
So my friends, if anything above seems off to you, there are important things you need to do:
- Find a doctor who will do the Free T3 and Free T4, NOT just the TSH. Just using the TSH lab test has kept many folks UNdiagnosed, or UNDERtreated.
- Learn how to read those lab results here. Lab results have NOTHING do with just “falling in the range”.
- Look into natural desiccated thyroid (NDT). It gives you all FIVE thyroid hormones, not just one left to depend upon like T4-only.
- Find out about all problems associated with being left undiagnosed due to the TSH and undertreated due to T4-only meds, such as non-optimal levels of iron, high or low cortisol, low B12, depression and mental health issues, low Vitamin D and other problems. Any of these can also contribute to problems with the above ten results.
- Order the revised STTM book. This is a compilation of successful patient experience and wisdom to help you achieve the above ten results. Learn from patients! Right now, it’s in ENGLISH, GERMAN AND SWEDISH.
**The above graphic was lovingly created by thyroid patient Marivia Gonzalez of Panama.
ADD A BLUE THYROID AWARENESS RIBBON to your Facebook profile pic here. It will end up on the lower right….
JOIN THE **BRAND NEW** 2013 FLAT STTM campaign!! Take a photo of a landmark location where you are or are visiting with a “Stop the Thyroid Madness!!” sign, and post it here: http://flatsttm.com Let’s send an international visual message that we want this terrible thyroid treatment madness with T4-only medications, the TSH lab test, failure to understand lab results, and ignorance about other problems as a result…. to END!